Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Royal Eliases

When visiting my family in NY, we are always treated VERY well. This time around I got extra special treatment, since I was visiting with the kids and without my other half. My village really pitched in with love and LOTS of help.

First off, my brother and sis-in-law opened their home to us again, and acted like we were just meant to be there. My nephew gave up his room for Baby m's crib, and he entertained E for hours. Seeing them walk through the woods holding hands just about melted my heart. My brother shared expensive alcohol, crossword puzzles, and tried desperately to get E to love Spike the dog (to no avail...her favorite sentence of the week was "I don't like Spike," which she would proclaim to anybody who would listen).

E2 (sis-in-law) not only had a quiche for every breakfast and an obscene assortment of desserts, but she folded my laundry. Good woman. My mom spent lots of time holding Baby m, so that I could make a phone call, take a shower, or drink a cup of coffee. P brought crafts for everyone, spent the night so she could be here for breakfast, and obeyed princess E's every command. She and S made us fantastic meatballs using the secret ingredient...very fatty beef! :) S also read books, changed Baby m's clothes, and searched the house when E quietly disappeared. Note: E just learned how to play hide-and-seek, and it's a BIG house.

So thank you, family. You were fantastic, as always. I hope we can do it again soon. I'll bring M this time, and he can fold the laundry.

0 comments:

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr